Thursday, December 10, 2009

Artist Statement

In my portfolio you will be seeing a handful of work that I worked on in my class. Some examples are a photo shopped pictures that were learned in class, and the simpler we learned in the beginning such as Rule of thirds. My feelings towards my portfolio are overall, I could have done above and beyond on it. Other than that I think my portfolio is good.

Coming into Photography I didn’t know anything about taking pictures other than holding the camera and pressing the flash. After four months, I learned how to remove red eyes, clear skin, and Photoshop tools. I think I was most successful in a recent project we worked on, which was the “Personal Words” project. I feel like I did an awesome job on it, I liked how my picture turned out in the end.

When working with Photoshop you come across some problems. One project were doing I had trouble with was the Scary Effects. We turned ourselves into aliens and vampire and new tools were presented for this project. Now that I’m pretty familiar to Photoshop hopefully I will not run into these same problems in the future. In the future I’m planning on staying on task, and coming to school everyday so I won’t fall behind. If you start at the bottom of my portfolio you will see the difference in my work. My blog header I think shows my improvement.

In conclusion, the experiences I gained in photography will last a lifetime. I always wanted to take an art that would be beneficial in the end. Well I found the class; I can take what I learned and take my own pictures when this the school year ends. What I’ve done in this class I never thought I could do, but thanks to Miss Cook, everything wasn’t that hard.

No comments: